Glaspro Inc. dba Zap Skimboards & Phase 5 wakesurfers is a family owned and operated manufacturer located in Venice FL, USA. Glaspro Inc. has a long running history in the watersports industry and many employees have been working at Glaspro for more than 10 years. Working at Glaspro is a unique opportunity with a non-corporate company culture vastly integrated with the beach and lake lifestyles our brands represent.
Graphic Designer Job Responsibilities:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
- Plans concept by studying information and materials.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
- Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment; and purchasing from vendors.
- Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; and evaluating new equipment.
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
This is an in house, full time position. Hours are Monday-Friday 8:30-5:00. Includes 30 min lunch break. Benefits include health insurance, dental and paid vacation after one year of employment. All Glaspro employees enjoy exclusive discounts on products.
Graphic Designer Qualifications/Skills:
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign. Familiar with Adobe’s remaining suite of applications.
- Strong graphic design skills
- Layout skills
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Desktop publishing tools and graphic design software
- Acute vision
- Time-management skills
- Communication skills
- Handles rejection
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, industrial design, or interior design, or equivalent experience
- Five to eight years of experience in graphic design
To apply for this position, send your prepared resume & portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org